Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

My Love For Old Houses

I have always been in love with old Victorian style homes.  When I was in my early 20's I lived in a old neighborhood in my hometown of Spokane, WA. and it was  filled with lovely old Victorian  style homes.  I told myself one day I would buy one and fix it up.  Knowing that the possibilities of me actually fufillng my dreams anytime soon were impossible , I decided to restore a dollhouse I found at an antique store.  I fell in love with the project.  It became a passion.  I felt like a contractor overseeing the restoration of my old Victorian home.  Unfortunately, due to certain circumstances,  I ended up selling this home before It was complete.  I spent some time over seas but still kept this dream on my "Bucket List."

 Long story short I married a man from Alaska. Unfortunately there are no lovely Victorian homes to be found up here to restore .  So the next best alternative?  I purchased a dollhouse! 

As I said before this is a true passion of mine.  Something on my "Bucket List" if you will.  I decided to chronicle it.  I will share it with all who may have interest, otherwise this blog is the chronicle of  my little Victorian dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment