Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Laying the Foundation


Last Saturday I decided it was time to dive in and start this building project. Saturday morning I gathered up my building supplies.  I bought a few things at the local craft store. 
 


Ruler
Masking tape
Hot glue gun.
Exacto knife
Clamping tape
Fine Sandpaper
Pencils
Pinking shears
 
I am determined to stay very organized or I can see that it would get very overwhelming.  Zip Lock bags and small bins do the job.  I also found I needed a sharpie and scissors.



 First of course of action is to construct the foundation.  All of the pieces to the house are precisely cut out and located on a schematic.  The directions tell you which pieces to punch out on what particular numbered sheet.  The tool to use for this is the exacto knife because if you try and punch them out alone, it is too easy to break the piece.  I made sure that when I punched them out I marked them all as I went.
 
 It took me awhile at first to get accustomed to understanding the directions.  After awhile of trying to wrap my brain around it, something finally clicks and I “Get it”.

Here is a photo of the completed foundation.  I’ve  fitted and glued all of the tabs and slots.  Next I sanded it all down to smooth it out.

 


When it is flipped over, the 1st. floor is reveled.




Stay tuned!  Next up are the staircases.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment